Through transparency, trust, and integrity, Canuck Tunes Radio Station (CTR) will work to be a proficient leader, standing for the national interests of this Canadian-Cooperative owned radio station while supplying targeted services for the airing of Canadian music of all genres and spoken word poetry from across the provinces and all territories within all Canadian borders.
MANDATE & PURPOSE
Canuck Tunes Radio is a new national online Cooperative radio station that includes songs, poetry and music news. CTR has broadcasts in Canada's two official languages; English and French. CTR's content offers the creative community airtime to broadcast local Canadian musicians from the street troubadours, bands, singer-songwriters, multi-instrumentalists, conductors, poets, Indigenous Peoples, and more. We look to include artists' talents of all genres with content that reflects the diverse influences that make Canada, Canada.
CTR'S mandate is not only to broadcasts Canadian artists but also to provide education and training along with professional development for any Canadian the opportunity to lead a radio show or podcast over the airwaves and also through our YouTube with support from the Canuck Tunes Radio Team. Canuck Tunes and Canada's not-for-profit Associations help achieve Canuck Tunes' long-term development goals by raising awareness of Canadian Arts.
Specifically, CTR's mandate:
- Radio is immediate and offers Canadian creatives a quick way to reach their fans and audiences. Also, Business advertisers too can count on the radio as a "right now" source not just for music news but for pitching their products with a quick return.
- Canuck Tunes Radio Reaches Everyone. In this digital age, CTR Radio is the best media platform to gain the most people and offers the artistic community a broader reach. It can also grab the attention of larger listening audiences.
- CTR is adaptable. Yes, we are accessible through laptops, computers, phones and Moter-vehicles. Listeners can tune into Canuck Tunes station whenever they want, using their preferred device. CTR listeners do not need to set aside a specific time or be at a particular location, like other media types, which makes our station even more user-friendly.
- It's a solid mandate to segment and target specific audiences. Adverts to the right listeners at the right time are essential to our potential business's success, as we offer an array of all genres; this helps our advertisers reach the right audience at the right time of day or night through our profiled listenership schedule.
- CTR Radio is Interactive, including being one-on-one and personal with listeners; Shows will include call-in segments, contests, and even polls to reward listeners for their loyalty and increase the interest of the CTR radio station encourages listeners to join our Fan Club.
- CTR allows listeners to engage with a program or on-air personality and can spark reflection and dialogue with those around them.
- Canuck Tunes Cooperative is a new concept in Canadian radio broadcasting and offers to be a trusted source for music news and information. Radio listeners trust CTR because we are local, live and artist and listener focused. We are a significant source of Canadian music information and offer up-to-date notifications about Canadian music and spoken word poetry.
- Canuck Tunes is proud to be available 24/7. In times like these, with the pandemic, radio brings comfort and familiarity back to a world turned on its head.
Canuck Tunes will continue to take steps over the next one to four years to carry out the goals and aims in this Strategic Plan. If successful, the following statements will describe this organization.
- Be a leading broadcaster for independent musicians and spoken word poets.
- Be a trusted, transparent and reliable support organization for members, and industry partners, provincially and nationally.
These established goals are to implement our organization's vision and to achieve its mandate. They reflect where Canuck Tunes is in its maturation process and help to ensure proper guidance for the operational components of the organization.
- Canuck Tunes Radio (CTR) will refocus its efforts and resources to make it a robust national broadcaster for Canadian arts talent.
- CTR will invest in new/improved current processes and services to increase the value to current and future broadcast audiences of CTR.
- Modernize the Canuck Tunes website.
- Improve and augment the Canuck Tunes e-newsletter to include more relevant and prompt industry information.
- Publish more industry information.
- Offer an open subscription to Canuck Tune's e-newsletter.
- Obtain emails of broader membership/industry members to achieve greater penetration of e-newsletter.
- Set up a regular process to ask for opinions, views, and priorities from the membership through a web survey.
- Hire/contract communications professional.
- Create a business plan that sets up Canuck Tunes radio as a Cooperative to uphold the Canadian Music Industry, Artists, Singer-songwriters, poets & all creatives to focus on the needs of the local Canadian talents.
- List all artists on the website who play on Canuck Tunes radio.
- Publish regular artists' profiles. "Spotlight on Canada" features.
- Canuck Tunes Radio Cooperative will obtain adequate revenues and resources to achieve our mission.
- Formally set up Canuck Tunes as a 'music "broadcast sharing" office, which will provide beneficial service to its members while generating sustained revenues that help fund Canuck Tune's core mandate.
- Pursue sustained revenue opportunities with industry partners.
- Explore co=branding/sponsorship opportunities from non-government sources.
- Review options for an annual fundraising event, one that both promotes and celebrates the Canadian music industry while also serving as a profit center for Canuck Tune's cooperatives.
- Hire a membership sales and retention professional responsible for non-profit government sponsorship/branding partnerships.
- Canuck Tunes will work to be more collaborative, inclusive and cooperative with its members and industry partners, striving to be an effective national trade organization for the broader Canadian industry.
- Canuck Tunes will work with all leaders in the Canadian Music community on matters of advocacy, economic development and other such issues/events that are of interest/benefit to the membership.
- Build stronger relationships with decision-makers like the CRTC, politicians/staff, and other broadcasters.